Director, HW Engineering
Casambi is the leader in modern wireless lighting control solutions based on Bluetooth Low Energy. Our technology has been deployed in some seriously impressive projects, from relighting the legendary Panathenaic Stadium in Athens to kitting out the BBC’s UK sites. Key aspects of the Casambi solution are great user experience, high performance, and scalability from basic individual fixture controls to industrial-scale solutions with cloud-based remote control, monitoring, and data logging.
We are now looking for a Director, HW Engineering to nurture our HW plans from the idea to the scale up production for Casambi’s hardware products. The Director, HW Engineering works in close collaboration with marketing, business, science, and software teams to define an unrivalled product experience and make it a reality.
What you will do
- Take ownership of our HW products from concept to market while ensuring that the product supports the company strategy and meets defined business objectives.
- Collaborate rest of Casambi organization, cross-functional teams including design, marketing, finance, customer experience, manufacturing, and QA to deliver the world class products to our customers while ensuring we meet all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Define product use cases and requirements. Manage product requirements throughout the product life-cycle.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, drive product innovation, build scenarios and options for key decisions, build cross-functional consensus and drive a clear decision
- Translate external market data (research, reports) to actionable insights for the development team and for decision making.
We would love to have You on our team, if You have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in (consumer) product management and leadership.
- Solid experience in consumer (device) product management taking products from PRD definition through launch.
- Good understanding of hardware product development.
- Ability to keep improving and refining existing products that are in the market.
- Business acumen and the ability to estimate end-to-end ROI for product investments.
- Ability to collect and leverage external and internal data and information.
- Good written and presentation skills – ability to create documentation and presentations to senior management.
- A proven track record of working collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams in an international environment
The location of this role is in Casambi head office in Espoo Leppävaara.
Join the Casambi team
Casambi is changing the way people illuminate their surroundings. The company’s innovative wireless technology uses Bluetooth Low Energy to put the entire lighting ecosystem in the hands of the user. This unique dynamic and reliable modular solution have already been enjoyed in thousands of buildings across hundreds of major networks worldwide. In addition, we have built a significant sales and support network throughout Europe, North America, and Asia, which will continue to grow as companies worldwide discover the benefits of wireless lighting management.
Casambi is an agile company where you get to be part of a growing team that will develop its own products and services. Work takes place mainly at the Leppävaara, Espoo office and remotely according to the agreement. Casambi invests in the well-being of its employees by providing comprehensive employee benefits and occupational health care. Our office is located within an extensive public transport system.