We are looking for a Server Developer for Casambi – illuminate your future career with us
Casambi is the leader in modern wireless lighting control solutions based on Bluetooth Low Energy. Key aspects of the Casambi solution are great user experience, high performance, and scalability from basic individual fixture controls to industrial-scale solutions with cloud-based remote control, monitoring, and data logging.
The work includes server development related to the solutions offered by Casambi. You get to handle a large spectrum of technical details. This Is a job that suits someone with a strong preference for being hands-on and with a solid understanding of how to do things well and wisely. You will design, implement, deploy and maintain a scalable, highly available platform for global users. You will use your problemsolving skills to get high-quality, optimized solutions that last and meet the requirements of our customers and stakeholders. You support the internal product support team and customer relationship developers with your knowledge of the system, as well as supporting the company’s growing technology base with documentation and testing. You will also work closely with other development, support teams, and management to accelerate the company’s technological growth, as well as with our customers to analyze and solve integration issues.
You have experience and interest especially for servers and have several years of C# and .NET experience – and you are eager to learn more. You will be able to work in an agile environment, and you will be happy to challenge and innovate how our solutions could be better in the future.
What we value
- Experience in designing, developing, operating and maintaining a production system
- Excellent programming skills and experience with server-side backends and the ability to pick up new languages and tools quickly
- Good experience with Windows and Linux
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably Azure
- Ability to think clearly under pressure. We aim for minimal downtime in our core systems. You are expected to be able to respond to and troubleshoot a wide range of issues in a production environment
- Being passionate and committed to tasks, and in general an autonomous person with high levels of initiative and energy
- Ability to manage priorities and tight deadlines with incomplete data
- Strong knowledge and experience of C # and .NET environments
- Experience working with Service Fabric
- High-quality standards and a strong desire to develop
- Fluent in English
- Ability to produce high-quality models and implementations
- Good communication skills
Join the Casambi team
As an internationally growing high-tech company, Casambi offers interesting and varied challenges. The work tasks are extensive within a small company so that you will see your own handprint in the completed and updated applications and software.
Casambi is changing the way people illuminate their surroundings. The company’s innovative wireless technology uses Bluetooth Low Energy to put the entire lighting ecosystem in the hands of the user. This unique dynamic and reliable modular solution have already been enjoyed in thousands of buildings across hundreds of major networks worldwide. In addition, we have built a significant sales and support network throughout Europe, North America, and Asia, which will continue to grow as companies worldwide discover the benefits of wireless lighting management.
Casambi is an agile company where you get to be part of a team that will develop their own products. The company is very flexible, and the work takes place mainly at the Leppävaara, Espoo office and, according to the agreement, remotely. Casambi invests in the well-being of its employees by providing comprehensive employee benefits and occupational health care. Our office is located within an extensive public transport system.
More information about our exciting projects
To apply for this position, please forward your C.V. and cover letter to our HR manager Pertti Kärkäs via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pertti is also happy to give more information about the position, and the company in general, by either email or phone +358 40 30 10 330.