Technical Support Engineer (German-speaking)
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer – illuminate your future career with us
Casambi Technologies is the leader in modern wireless lighting control solutions based on Bluetooth Low
Energy. Key aspects of the Casambi solution are great user experience, high performance, and scalability
from basic individual fixture controls to industrial-scale solutions with cloud-based remote control,
monitoring, and data logging.
We are looking for a multi-talented, energetic, Technical Support Engineer (German-speaking) to join our fast-growing team.
- Work with the team to ensure the incoming case queue is constantly maintained.
- Troubleshoot customer problems via telephone calls, e-mail and/or remote session. Occasionally in person at customer sites.
- Work problems through to resolution and provide detailed root cause analysis.
- Work with escalation points with the Support team and Engineering team to drive the resolution of complex issues.
- Research and respond to customer requests and provide detailed explanations to address questions and concerns from some of the world’s brightest developers and software architects.
- Create knowledge items for recurring issues.
What we value
- Studies or work experience in IT, electrical or electronic industries.
- At least one year of work experience in technical support (anything more is seen as an advantage).
- Experience with a variety of industry hardware platforms and operating systems (iOS, Android. Any exposure to Linux and Json is also beneficial).
- The ability to assimilate complex problems, determine a root cause, develop a resolution strategy.
- Ability to handle multiple client support issues simultaneously and explain it to customers of varying technical skills.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, energetic environment and are results-oriented with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and demonstrate resourcefulness in obtaining necessary diagnostic information.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Ideally, experience working with customers of different sizes (corporate, medium-sized business and consumers)
- Experience with lighting controls is a plus.
- Full written and verbal proficiency in English and German. Other European languages are seen as an advantage. German will be the dominant language of your customers, but you will use English with your colleagues.
- A genuine interest in gadgets and/or consumer electronics.
- Any knowledge of electrical installations or electronics is beneficial.
- And last, but not least: a love for pizza will get you very far with your Support team colleagues!
Location: Espoo is the preferred location for this role, but remote working from another European location will also be considered.
Join the Casambi team
As an internationally growing high-tech company, Casambi offers interesting and varied challenges. The
work tasks are extensive within a small company so that you will see your own handprint in the
completed and updated applications and software.
Casambi is changing the way people illuminate their surroundings. The company’s innovative wireless
technology uses Bluetooth Low Energy to put the entire lighting ecosystem in the hands of the user. This
unique dynamic and reliable modular solution have already been enjoyed in thousands of buildings
across hundreds of major networks worldwide. In addition, we have built a significant sales and support
network throughout Europe, North America, and Asia, which will continue to grow as companies
worldwide discover the benefits of wireless lighting management.
Casambi is an agile company where you get to be part of a team that will develop its own products.
Work takes place mainly at the Leppävaara, Espoo office and, according to the agreement, remotely.
Casambi invests in the well-being of its employees by providing comprehensive employee benefits and
occupational health care. Our office is located within an extensive public transport system.
More information about our exciting projects.
To apply for this position, please forward your C.V. and cover letter to our HR manager Pertti Kärkäs via email at email@example.com. Pertti is also happy to give more information about the position, and the company in general, by either email or phone +358 40 30 10 330.